Terrebonne General Health System Accomplishments
Located on the Leading Edge of Town.
The following are only a few of the many services currently provided by Terrebonne General Health System:
- In May of 2012, Terrebonne General achieved the prestigious Pathway to Excellence designation, one of only two hospitals in Louisiana to achieve this award. This designation signifies the elements where nurses can flourish, confirming that Terrebonne General is one of the best places to work.
- In fall 2011, the Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at Terrebonne General officially opened. This LEED-certified, 49,000 square-foot comprehensive cancer center provides a full continuum of cancer care, from early detection through critical community-based free cancer screenings, educational outreach programs to diagnosis, clinical research trials, treatment, recovery and, most importantly, survivorship.
- Terrebonne General houses a first-class team of cardiologists, nurses, and technicians who teach doctors from all over the country about the science and methods behind their approach to cardiac medicine. Terrebonne General’s 3 cardiac catheterization suites have all been updated with the Toshiba Infinix digital technology, which provides better safety and outcomes to both patients and healthcare professionals.
- The Women’s Center has attracted expectant mothers from Terrebonne Parish and the Tri-Parish area, as verified by the Louisiana Department of Health. We are ranked 5th in the state for “most babies delivered” each year. Terrebonne General’s Women’s Center was also granted Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) status and can now offer a higher level of care to infants born pre-term (less than 37 weeks of gestation) or with medical problems without transporting the infant to another facility.
- The Terrebonne General Rehabilitation Department recently received accreditation for its stroke specialty program by the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, making it one of the few such facilities in the state.
- Our high-definition MRI, CT, and digital mammography scanners are just a few of the tools that give our expert, caring staff one of the finest reputations and success rates in the region. Terrebonne General is proud to be the first center in the Tri-Parish and New Orleans Regions to offer Breast Specific Gamma Imaging (BSGI) technology and is one of only two hospitals in the state to provide this cutting-edge technology in the Women’s Imaging and Breast Center.
To learn more, please call us at (985) 873-4141.