Physicians: Enjoy Working in an Area Voted “Happiest Place to Live” Nationwide
Houma, Louisiana, nestled in Terrebonne Parish, otherwise known as the “The Good Earth,” offers the perfect blend of a rewarding career while enjoying a community filled with a love-for-life attitude and embracing good food, good music, and good times. The draw of authentic Cajun culture mixed with progressive economic development makes our area the right place to call home. At Terrebonne General Health System, we are proud to say our physicians work diligently to provide exceptional, quality healthcare with compassion, which our community has depended on for over 65 years.
We're proud that Houma-Terrebonne Parish was voted one of the top happiest places to live nationwide, the second most-exciting city in Louisiana, the eighth fastest-growing small city in the United States, and the 18th best-performing small city!
Read more: download our brochure.
Click on a position below for a detailed description and application:
- Family Medicine Physician
- Internal Medicine Physician
About Physician Opportunities at Terrebonne General
“The Houma area has been an excellent place for my wife and me to call home. Also, I’m proud to say Terrebonne General supports my efforts to stay abreast with the latest technology and skill sets necessary for my role of providing the highest level of care to infants in our NICU.” — Dr. Bedford Nieves-Cruz, Neonatologist
Terrebonne General Health System is an internationally recognized, state-of-the-art system dedicated to providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare to our community. We take pride in being the largest community-based system in Southeast Louisiana with 321 licensed beds and a highly skilled hospital team consisting of over 1,500 employees and over 450 medical staff providers and offers 42 various specialties to serve our region. We offer a wide range of services, such as cancer care at Terrebonne General | Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, our comprehensive Women’s Health Center, world-class cardiology services, advanced orthopedics, and full rehabilitation services.
Terrebonne General takes a proactive approach to wellness and prevention through our Healthy Lifestyles Center. The center offers programs for our community to create, build and maintain a focus on health and wellness. Terrebonne General is the community leader and example for residents to take full control of their health.
Paving our way towards excellence, Terrebonne General is recognized nationally and internationally for providing quality care daily. Our hospital has reached some of the highest levels of distinction through the dedication of our physicians and staff through many prestigious awards and accolades.
- The Women’s Health Center is internationally recognized with the Baby-Friendly designation, providing the best options for mom and baby.
- Designated a Level One Hospital WellSpot by prioritizing health and wellness and being at the forefront of education, prevention, and care.
- Terrebonne General | Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center is nationally accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, the gold standard in cancer care.
- Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Mission Lifeline Silver award for excellent patient outcomes, Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Silver Quality Achievement, and the Gold Resuscitation Quality Achievement Awards for implementing specific quality improvement measures for patients.
Physicians – Quality of Life
“My family and I have enjoyed living in Houma for the past fourteen years. We adapted well to the unique Cajun culture and rewarding career opportunities at Terrebonne General. Being an avid fisherman, this area is a sportsman’s dream for me, and I’m delighted to call Houma home!” — Dr. Ben Adams, Anesthesiologist
Learn more about Terrebonne Parish.
Physicians – Quality Practice
Our atmosphere fosters collaboration and encourages strong physician relationships and support. Many of our physicians have generations of family members practicing at Terrebonne General, finding career satisfaction and personal fulfillment.
Terrebonne General cares about our physicians and staff and has an I CARE culture and behavior standards, laying the foundation for our facility.
I – Integrity C – Communication A – Attitude R – Respect E – Etiquette
This environment is conveyed by:
- Cultivating an atmosphere of excellent customer and physician satisfaction
- Strong physician engagement, communication, enablement, and recognition while maintaining high retention rates.
- Paving the way towards excellence through advanced technology, cutting-edge surgical techniques, and multiple innovative clinical trials across specialties.
We are more than the sum of our technology and state-of-the-art facility; we are the healing hands and compassionate hearts of the entire region.
Contact Us to Learn More
Contact us by calling, emailing, or mailing:Sara Rodrigue Physician Relations Coordinator (985) 850-6314 email@example.com