Healthy Lifestyles Center
We’re More than Just a Provider of Exceptional Inpatient Healthcare
The Healthy Lifestyle Center at Terrebonne General Health System strives to keep our community healthy by focusing on preventative wellness rather than reacting to a problem once it already happens. That’s why we offer proactive management for patients who have weight or diabetes concerns. We have great programs designed to educate patients and empower them to live healthier, more productive lifestyles.
Services We Offer
Our programs include:
- Community Sports Institute: Created in 2014, this program provides prevention, education, and care to students. Athletic trainers are provided to all area high schools as a resource to keep students safe and educate them about injury prevention. The program offers concussion testing to all student athletes, hands-on training in CPR, AED, and Heimlich maneuver training. CSI is a trusted resource that provides students healthy strategies as they are exposed to healthcare experts who support their coaches and their athletes. The goal is to prevent injuries on the field and is offered to elementary, junior high school and high school athletes. This program reaches more than 23,000 students every year.
- Wellness for Life: Wellness for Life is committed to keeping employees healthy by giving them the tools needed to live productive and healthier lives. The program includes comprehensive health screenings, one on one consults with our nurse practitioner, and on-site flu shots. Our team works directly with your insurance provider, so screenings may be free of charge for both the company and its employees.
- Performance Training Center: Whether your goal is to lose or maintain a healthy weight, get in shape, improve your overall health or give you a competitive edge, our certified and experienced strength and conditioning coaches are here to help you reach your fitness goals. Program is available for high school, college, semi-pro, and professional athletes.
- Weight Management: Voted Best Weight Loss Center by the Courier, our team is here to help you lose just a few pounds or much more than that. Our trained, experienced team will help you with a 3-phase program. This program starts with phase 1: weight loss, where you will optimize fat loss through ketosis, which you will remain in until you've reached your weight loss goal. Phase 2, stabilization. This is to adjust your macronutrient intake (fat, carbs, and protein) to effectively manage hunger and manage your weight loss. Phase 3 is focused on maintaining your weight loss.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation: Terrebonne General is one of the few facilities in the area to offer all 3 disciplines of rehabilitation: occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy, available to patients of all ages and abilities. We also partner with the Community Sports Institute to evaluate and treat sports-related injuries and concussions. Our ultimate goal is to help maximize and restore each patient’s functional abilities, and we focus on the individual’s abilities rather than their disabilities to complete their treatment goals.
- Corporate Wellness: We provide the services to local businesses and companies in tandem with the “Wellness for Life program.” Services include workplace readiness test, ergonomics testing, drug screenings, physical exams, and 24 on-call services for work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Diabetes Management: By practicing good diabetes control, you can prevent or delay complications associated with the disease. The program's overall objective is to teach diabetes self-management to empower decisions through self-care behaviors, program solving, and learning to collaborate with their healthcare team to improve clinical health status and quality of life. Some of the topics discussed include diabetes process, nutritional management, medication therapies, blood glucose monitoring, physical activities, how to cope with stress, and risk reduction, among others.
- Well & Wise: Mental health issues and chronic disease are just two of the issues older adults face daily, and these conditions negatively impact their quality of life. The Well & Wise program helps ensure independence, security, productivity, and better quality of life. The program can even add years to our patients' lives by teaching them the tools and resources they need to keep healthy and active. Topics taught include nutrition education, weight loss challenges, and educational discussions led by Terrebonne General educators covering issues such as heart disease and fall prevention.
For more information about our Healthy Lifestyles Center or to sign up for one of our programs, please call (985) 850-6208.
- Terrebonne General Distinguished Athlete of the Month - July
- Terrebonne General Distinguished Athlete of the Month - November 2021
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete - April
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete - April 2022 of the Month
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete - December 2012
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete - June
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete - June 2022 of the Month
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete - May
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete of the Month
- Terrebonne General Health System Distinguished Athlete of the Month - January 2022