Well and Wise Program
You Don’t Have to Leave Town to Get Great Medical Care. In Fact, You Barely Have to Leave Your Driveway.
According to the National Council of Aging, millions of older adults struggle every day with health challenges, such as mental health issues or chronic disease, and these conditions can negatively impact their quality of life. Good health helps ensure independence, security, productivity, and overall happiness, which is why Terrebonne General Health System Healthy Lifestyles Center created the Well & Wise program.
Presented by The Foundation for Terrebonne General and Terrebonne Council on Aging, our program is educational and inspirational. The 6-month program is designed for anyone 60 years or older and offered free of charge. Attendees will receive the tools and resources they need to stay healthy and active which in turn can add years to their life.
The program meets on the last Wednesday of every month from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Terrebonne General Community Sports Institute and covers a variety of topics designed to entertain, educate, and empower.
Covered topics include:
- Nutrition Education
- Complimentary breakfast and snacks
- Educational talks led by Terrebonne General experts covering topics such as heart disease and fall prevention
- Games and prizes
- Senior Fitness Discounts
- Weight loss challenge
- Graduation ceremony at the end of the course
The program is limited to 50 participants, and RSVP is required.
Upcoming Well & Wise Classes
Spring 2021 Meeting Schedule:
- Wednesday, January 27 Nutrition 101 and the Importance of Physical Activity
- Wednesday, February 24 Heart Health with CIS
- Wednesday, March 31 Senior Health Maintenance with IMS
- Wednesday, April 28 Parkinson's Disease with Terrebonne General Neurology
- Wednesday, May 26 Pulmonary Health with Terrebonne General Pulmonology
- Wednesday, June 30 Diabetes with Terrebonne General Endocrinology
There will also be a FREE grocery store tour at Cannata's guided by Michelle Briceno, Terrebonne General Registered Dietitian. This date is to be determined and will be communicated at a later date.