You don’t have to face diabetes alone.
Terrebonne General’s Diabetes Management team is here to help you manage your diabetes, reduce the risk of complications and is committed to restoring your quality of life.
Our certified educators, who bring more than 60 years of experience, work closely with you to provide the knowledge and skills necessary for successful diabetes control. Some of the topics include:
- Disease process
- Nutritional management
- Medication therapies
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Acute complications
- Chronic complications
- Physical activity
- Stress and coping
- Risk reduction
Anyone who has diabetes can benefit from our comprehensive diabetes self-management program. Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with diabetes for years, our goal is to help you obtain optimal control of your blood sugar.
Nationally Recognized Program
The Diabetes Self-Management Education Program at Terrebonne General has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education. Since 1997, our program has maintained this status, and we hold the distinction of being the first facility of its kind in the Tri-Parish area.
Education services provided:
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes, adult and pediatric
- Gestational diabetes
- Reactive hypoglycemia
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Insulin instruction
Medical Nutrition Therapy
In addition to diabetes self-management training, our dietitian offers a wide range of services to meet the community's dietary needs in the out-patient setting. Nutritional services include:
- Weight management for adults and children
- High blood pressure control
- Abnormal blood lipids
- Poor eating habits education
- Pregnancy nutrition counseling
- Renal disease training
- Gastrointestinal conditions awareness
How to Schedule an Appointment
A physician referral is necessary.
Call the Diabetes Management Center at (985) 850-6200 and we will be happy to take the necessary information to obtain orders from your physician.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm
Location & Contact InformationTerrebonne General Diabetes Management Medical Atrium Building 1017 Belanger St Houma, LA 70360 Phone: (985) 850-6200
Call the Diabetes Management Center at (985) 850-6200, and we will be happy to take the necessary information to obtain orders from your physician.
- TGMC COVID-19 News Coverage
- To Your Health - New Year, New You
- To Your Health - What is a Hospitalist?
- To Your Health - with Endocrinologist Dr. Sindhura Bandaru
- To Your Health - with patient Success in Wound Healing
- To Your Health - with TGMC Pediatrician, Dr. Seaton
- To Your Health - Wound Care with Dr. Isabelle and Toni Armstrong
Would you like to hear about future openings at Terrebonne General?Register Here