Modern Technology. Timeless Caring.
At Terrebonne General Health System, we partner with Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center to detect cancer in its earliest stages so that we can begin cancer treatment immediately. There are many types of cancer, but they share similar characteristics. Cancer begins with the abnormal cells developing and dividing quickly and uncontrollably while invading and destroying surrounding healthy tissues. Cancer is a feared diagnosis, but thanks to improvements in cancer detection from routine screenings, cancer is more treatable than in past decades.
Our Cancer Center in Houma, Louisiana, helps patients in the Bayou Region by meeting their individual needs. The Cancer Center offers many different cancer services and cancer treatments, from cancer screenings to medical oncology such as chemotherapy, radiation oncology, surgery to remove tumors, and much more. There are several types of cancer, but many are detectable in their early stages before a person even has symptoms. For this reason, it is vital to follow your doctor’s recommendations for routine cancer screenings such as pap tests, colonoscopies, and mammograms, among others.
Some of the services we offer to patients with cancer to help them fight their disease include:
- Cancer screenings
- Diagnostic imaging
- Disease site teams
- Medical oncology
- Nutritional services
- Patient navigation and social services
- Radiation oncology
- Support and survivorship
- The Woman’s Imaging & Breast Center
- Terrebonne General wound healing & hyperbaric medicine
We accept appointments through primary care doctor referrals and for patients without referrals. Reach out to Terrebonne General by calling (985) 850-6052 today.
- Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center - The Fight
- TGMC COVID-19 News Coverage
- To Your Health - Breast Cancer Reconstruction
- To Your Health - The Gala Goes to You!
- To Your Health - What is a Hospitalist?
- To Your Health - with Oncologist Dr. Sukesh Manthri
- To Your Health - with TGMC Pediatrician, Dr. Seaton
Would you like to hear about future openings at Terrebonne General?Register Here