Terrebonne General Endocrinologists
Treating You like Neighbors, Not Patients.
When you have hormonal abnormalities, such as diabetes, it can affect how other bodily systems function. Over time, this can cause severe systemic complications because hormonal function is integral to overall health.
Our board-certified endocrinologists at Terrebonne General Health System work diligently to identify, treat, and manage your endocrine disorder.
Common endocrine diseases include:
- Diabetes (type 1, type 2, gestational, and pre-diabetes)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Osteoporosis - calcium (bone) disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Testosterone or Estrogen deficiency (hypogonadism)
Diabetes Treatment & Management
If you were diagnosed recently or have been fighting diabetes for some time, we are here to help. We offer comprehensive care and support to patients managing type 1, type 2, gestational, and pre-diabetes. Diabetes is a serious condition and left unmanaged, it can lead to life-altering or threatening conditions.
Possible Complications Caused by Unmanaged Diabetes:
- Nerve Damage (Neuropathy)
- Kidney Damage (Nephropathy)
- Vascular problems
- Foot Damage and Ulcers
- Eye Damage or Blindness
- Cardiovascular disease such as stroke and heart attack
Our goal is to help diabetic patients and their loved ones safely self-manage their condition. We work hand in hand with Terrebonne General’s Diabetes Management team, along with certified diabetes educators, registered dieticians, and registered nurses to give you the necessary tools. Some of the skills our diabetic patients learn, when appropriate, include:
- Medication management
- How to administer insulin, when necessary
- Self-monitored glucose monitoring
- Continuous blood glucose monitoring technology
- Weight management and meal planning
- Pregnancy/gestational diabetes care
- Insulin pump education
In addition, we also offer second opinions or ongoing treatment for new patients who are interested.
Do You Have an Endocrine Disorder or Diabetes?
Request an Appointment at Terrebonne General Health System.
We can help you manage diabetes or other endocrine disorders as efficiently as possible with the information you provide us about your symptoms and medical history.
To make an appointment or to learn more, please call our clinic at (985) 873-3484 .