Chronic Care Management Program
A Helping Hand Between Office Visits
At Terrebonne General Health System, we know managing all your care needs, from routine health maintenance to advice from specialists and changes in medications can be complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. Chronic Care Management (CCM) is a new program available to Medicare patients living with more than one chronic condition, such as arthritis, diabetes, depression, or high blood pressure.
For more information and frequently asked questions about the program, click here.
Terrebonne General Health System offers a service that can help you navigate these challenges. Our CareHarmony care coordination service is designed to help you take care of yourself. You will benefit by receiving monthly telephone assistance in between your regular appointments. This includes a dedicated Care Coordinator to guide you towards better health.
Chronic Care Management extends your care outside of the four walls of your physician's practice to ensure that you maintain the best possible health. Each month your Care Coordinator will call you to:
- Assist with scheduling appointments, lab tests, or other tests
- Explain how and when to take your medications
- Coordinate any home health or medical equipment needs
- Connect you with health education resources, services, and programs
- Identify available community resources
- Coordinate follow-up care after leaving the hospital
- Access other support services you need to stay well
- There is also a 24/7 Care Coordinator Phone Line to help answer any questions you may have day or night outside your calls with your Care Coordinator.
Cost and Coverage
This service is covered by Medicare and is subject to your annual deductible and coinsurance (usually 20%). If you have a secondary or supplemental insurance plan, your coinsurance may be covered. It is best to review exactly what your insurance plan covers. You can only sign up for Chronic Care Management services with one of your CareHarmony care coordinators, and you are able to opt out any time—no strings attached.
If you have questions about this service and would like to learn more about this program, or how to enroll, please call (985) 873-3139 to speak with a Care Coordinator.