Patients & Visitors
Thank you for choosing Terrebonne General Health System as your local Terrebonne Parish hospital. Our staff's goal is to offer the most convenient, pleasant experience possible, and we cover even the smallest details, as they can make all the difference.
If you have any further questions or would like to share your thoughts, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!
Select from this list of resources for further information about your privacy, insurance, or paying your hospital bill. We also covered all pertinent information for visitors, such as directions to our hospital and information about how to contact a patient.
Please click the following links to learn more about:
- Advanced Directives: Also called a living will, you can make your wishes known regarding medical care in the event your normal body functions have stopped, and you do not wish your heart and body to be sustained through machines when there is no hope of recovery. Competent adults have the right to choose to discontinue life-sustaining measures and refuse further medical intervention. This relieves family members and healthcare providers from making the emotional choice and carrying the legal burden of making such decisions.
- Care Harmony Chronic Care Management (CCM) Program: The CCM program is available to Medicare patients living with more than one chronic condition, such as arthritis, diabetes, depression, or hypertension. Terrebonne General offers this service to help you navigate these challenges to help take care of you. You will be assigned a Care Coordinator who will call you to assist with scheduling appointments, lab tests, or other tests and to explain how and when to take your medication. Further, your Care Coordinator can connect you with health education resources, services, and programs while identifying available community resources to help you. You will have access to a 24/7 Care Coordinator Phone Line for help answering your questions.
- Patient Information Guide: We offer a guide for patients and visitors that provides information about our amenities and policies, along with wellness advice. This includes our Red, White, and Blue program to honor men and women who have served in the military, as well as MedSafe: a medication disposal program for the public to dispose of old, unwanted, or expired medications safely. To review the guide, please click here.
- Patient Responsibilities: As a Terrebonne General patient, you are expected to provide accurate, complete information about your present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and any other pertinent health-related manners. You are responsible for following your physician’s recommended treatment plan, including keeping appointments. You are personally responsible for your actions if you do not follow physician instructions.
- Patient Rights: Patients have an extensive list of basic rights for the independence of expression, decision, action, and concern for personal dignity. For instance, you have the right to access to care that is considerate or respectful of your values and beliefs, as well as the right to privacy and confidentiality. You may refuse treatment, which is your responsibility. You have several more rights, detailed in the
- Privacy Information: Terrebonne General is committed to keeping your health information confidential, including your records of care and services created or obtained in connection with your medical care provided at our hospital. The only instance we may use and disclose your health information is through prior written authorization or to privately disclose communicable diseases to the pertinent healthcare resources.
Terrebonne General Health System takes a proactive approach to identify and reduce healthcare disparities based on race, ethnicity, spoken language preferred for our patients and their legal guardians, written language preferred for healthcare, sexual orientation, and gender identity to ensure ethical and fair treatment and the impact of those efforts.
For more information, please call Terrebonne General Health System at (985) 873-4141.
Would you like to hear about future openings at Terrebonne General?Register Here