Terrebonne General Issues Update and Precautions for Coronavirus
Terrebonne General Medical Center (TGMC) is committed to keeping the local community healthy and is constantly monitoring the latest developments regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). TGMC is taking necessary precautions and is equipped to handle any situation should a case occur.
“Please be assured TGMC is prepared in the event a case of COVID-19 should arise and our staff has been informed and are educated concerning the proper protocols to follow if any patient is suspected of having the virus,” explained Phyllis Peoples, President and CEO. “If a case is suspected TGMC will implement all appropriate isolation guidelines for personnel and visitors and we are equipped with isolation rooms,” Peoples added.
TGMC is also working with our parish government to ensure that our community is prepared in the event cases are diagnosed. Additionally, we will notify proper parties with the state, public health and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
At this time, there are no suspected cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Louisiana or Mississippi or at any of our partner facilities. CDC continues to believe the immediate health risk to the general public remains low.
In the meantime, TGMC recommends individuals follow the guidelines below to prevent infection:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your upper arm, not your hands
- Clean frequently touched surfaces with regular household cleanings spray or wipes
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Thoroughly wet your hands and allow to air dry
- Facemasks are not recommended for the general publicTGMC will continue to update our community as additional news develops.