About This Location
Terrebonne General Pulmonary Care specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary disorders such as:
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disorders (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary and Cystic Fibrosis
- Sleep disorders
- Other restrictive diseases
Low-Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening
Breathe easier & get screened with our lung cancer screening program.
In partnership with our Cancer Center, our pulmonologists conduct a low-dose computed tomography, also called a low-dose CT scan. This screening is recommended only for adults who have no symptoms but are at high risk for developing lung cancer.
The scan only takes a few minutes and is not painful. You will lie on a table and an x-ray machine uses a low amount of radiation to make detailed images of your lungs.
When to get screened:
- Age 50-80
- Asymptomatic (no signs or symptoms of lung disease)
- Tobacco smoking history of at least 30 park-years
- One pack-year=smoking one pack per day for one year (1 pack = 20 cigarettes)
- Current smoker or one who has quit smoking within the last 15 years
How to Schedule an Appointment
A physician referral is necessary. Our office will contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
Click here to view the insurances we accept.